Hello! I thought I'd come and christen your MTA page
1. How did you discover HPFF?
2. How do you think that being a part of HPFF has helped your writing?
3. What qualities make you a Ravenclaw?
4. Is there a genre/era/character that you've never written and want to?
5. What do you find easiest about writing?
6. What do you find hardest?
7. If you had to pick a mascot for a Quidditch team, what would it be and why?
That's all for now. Have fun answering
YAY! My first questions!
1. I actually don't remember! I know I was in eighth grade and my and my then best friend were naturally obsessed with the series and I think we goggled something and then randomly found our way to the website. We thought we were really funny and wrote a TERRIBLE fic, with every ship/slash/ridiculous cliche you could think of. Now here I am, years later, still writing and reading FF!
2. Being a part of HPFF has helped my writing tremendously. As I did start posting like 7 years ago and just starting to write. I feel like if people hadn't been so supportive with offering reviews and advice I may not have grown to love writing as much as I do. And now, I do also write fiction outside of HPFF, but writing FF helps me work on characterization and dialogue especially. I love that I don't have to work too hard at world building because we have JKR's amazing framework to work with.
3. Haha, I love the Ravenclaw house! I'm really curious, but in a more quiet way. I'm social but I love observing. I'm a complete school nerd (especially with books) and am in the honors program. I didn't think I was brave enough for Gryffindor (I hate roller coasters) and not cunning enough for Slytherin and not nice enough for Hufflepuff. It seems like a natural fit to me Ever since second grade when I first read the series I pictured myself in Ravenclaw. Nerd through and through.
4. I've never written a substantial piece during the Hogwarts era, other than a couple missing moments one shots, because I'm terribly afraid of messing with the canon and feel like I couldn't do it. But, I've always wanted to write something about Neville during this time; he's one of my favorite characters but I'm afraid to butcher him!
5. I find dialogue the easiest part of my writing to come up with. I like using it powerfully and it's my favorite to include. I also love editing, I work at a Writing Center at my college and it's what I do there so it's fun!
6. I don't like having to describe a lot of things. Like architecture, clothes etc. I think that kinda goes along with the fact I take the world building for granted and after reading over chapters I'll be like "LIZZIE WHERE ARE THEY I HAVE NO IDEA" and I have to go back and work in more detail. Also, specific to HPFF, Quidditch is hard to write and I don't really like to. But pretty much all my novels/novellas involve Quidditch, haha.
It's also hard for me to write first person female, I don't know why. I am a female. But my friends say I think like a guy and I find them easier to write from. To challenge myself I'm just starting up a novella all from Rose POV! I'm scared but excited!
7. I think I would have to go with a Fwooper, which I just read about in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Because they're really bright and cool looking so the uniforms would be wicked. Plus, it lures people in with it's song and then drives them crazy. I think I like that as a metaphor for a tactic-- lure them into a false sense of security then BAM win!
Thank you so much for these questions!!! This was really fun answering them.
Edited by DarkRose, 15 December 2013 - 02:30 AM.
personal information removed by Staff