Why hello there, Nott Theodore and MissesWeasley123 Thank you for visiting my MTA!
I'll get straight down to answering your questions...
1. What's your favourite genre to read? Is it different to your favourite genre to write? I like reading most genres to be honest (except horror as I scare too easily), and I can't choose just 1 so I will have to say my favourite 2 are Romance and Angst. I tend to write romance and angst too. I would love to be able to write humour but I don't think I'd be very successful at it!
2. How would you describe your writing style? Errr... I don't really know I think my writing style could only be described as 'simple'. Really selling myself here aren't I?!
3. What's your favourite thing about the forums? Since returning to the forums after such a long time away I seem to have been finding my feet in the Ravenclaw common room. So, at the moment my favourite place on the forums has to be the common room. My favourite thing about the forums is that it has such a friendly, community feel about it and everyone is so lovely
4. Who are your favourite characters in the books? The Marauders have to be my absolute favourites. The bonds of their friendship were just so strong (until that ratbag Pettigrew betrayed them) and their story is such a tragic one. Also, I am obsessed with Sirius Black! I also love the eccentricity of Luna, she is just such a great character. Oh and Neville, I love Neville. I'll stop here or I'll end up just listing all the characters
5. Which is your favourite book in the series? Ooh, this is a tough one! I love them all! My top 3 are PoA, GoF and DH. If I absolutely had to pick just one as my favourite it would have to be Prisoner of Azkaban. It is the book where we are introduced to the Marauders and learn a lot about their backstory, and as I'm quite obsessed with this backstory it has to be my favourite! I also have a bit of sentimentality towards PoA. It was watching the film of PoA that got me into reading the series. I had had no interest in Harry Potter before watching this film and had once commented 'I don't want to watch this childish rubbish' when Philosophers Stone was on the TV Gasp!! Obviously I have changed my mind now and am totally obsessed with anything HP! But back on topic, how could it not be my favourite because without it I would never have ventured into this wonderful world of magical greatness!
6. What are the qualities that make you a Ravenclaw? Ooh good question! If I am totally honest, now I think about it I am probably more of a Hufflepuff and am a Hufflepuff on Pottermore. However, the sorting quiz on here (which I took many many years ago when I first joined the forums) put me in Ravenclaw. I do have some Ravenclaw qualities. I am quite logical and have a hidden intelligence (I say hidden because I can act quite ditzy at times... ok a lot of the time). I am quite organised (with some things) and was always the one my uni friends turned to when needing to know something about an assignment or the timetable etc. But I actually think I am a Ravenpuff or a Huffleclaw.
7. If you could add another subject to the Hogwarts curriculum, what would it be and why? Ooh, this is another good one and at the moment I'm really not sure how to answer. I might come back to you on this one!! (My originality and imagination are really shining through here!!)
1. Your username. Is it a mix of Harry, Ron and Hermione, or something else? Why'd you choose it? It is indeed a mix of Harry, Ron and Hermione. Me and a friend were trying to think up a username for another HP site many years ago. We were trying to think of an obscure name, object or creature to use but all the ones we were coming up with were already used. So we eventually decided to try Haronione, and unsurprisingly it wasn't taken! This username just stuck with me and I actually really love it.
2. What are your thoughts on Hermione ships that aren't Ron? To be totally honest I have no qualms with Hermione ships that aren't Ron. As long as the author keeps the character in-character and they can convince me that the pairing is feasible without the character being completely different to the ones I have grown to love, then I'll enjoy it. I think that if a story is well written with an interesting and engaging plot then it is worth reading no matter what the pairing
3. Who do you think is the older twin - Fred or George? Fred. By 5 minutes. No idea why, but that is my answer
4. Your favourite ship? My favourite ship has to be James and Lily. I just adore them! I am also a sucker for Remus/OC (based before Tonks) I just love reading about him having a bit of love!
5. Who in the world of HP would you love to be locked in a room with for 24 hours? (or closet, whatever floats your boat I'm cool with it hehe) Haha! Good question. My first thought was Sirius Black, just because I love him!! Then I thought 24 hours is a long time and it would have to be someone who could make me laugh to make the time pass quickly! Yes, Sirius was a major prankster but if locked in a room with just him then I would become the victim of any pranks he pulled and that might not be so funny! I think maybe Luna, simply because I could listen to her eccentric nuttiness for hours and she'd probably have at least one copy of the quibbler with her so if conversation ran dry we'd at least have something to read haha!
Thank you to you both for the wonderful questions and for kickstarting my MTA thread! I was worried it was going to look a bit sad and unloved, so thank you
As well as answering your questions I think I have adequately advertised my love of smilies too (I couldn't post the original post as I 'have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows' whoops, I think I have a problem!
I am going to end this post with yet another smilie, just because I have been dying to use it....