Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:29 AM
I guess I should first tell you about how I became a HP fan to begin with. It all started way back in the day when I was ten. The first book was required reading for my class, and I'll admit that I was initially appalled at the idea. At the time, the books had just started getting insanely popular, and I was one of those kids who automatically turned away from whatever everyone else liked. We read a chapter each day in class. Sure enough, by day three or four, I was begging my mom to take me to the library so I could get the book and read ahead. The following week was spring break, and by the time school commenced the following Monday, I was already finished with Goblet of Fire (which was all that was out at the time.)
Needless to say, I've been irrationally obsessed with the series ever since. I totally blame my fifth grade teacher, but at the same time, I thank her for introducing me to the greatest adventure I've ever experienced in both literature and film! The series has been a huge part of my life and always will be. It has taught me so many lessons about love, friendship, and life which I will carry with me forever.
I've been writing HP fan fiction for a couple of years now, but I just recently joined this site and I love it so far. Everyone seems very friendly and, most of all, passionate about the wonderful characters and places JK Rowling created. This is why I finally decided to create my own Meet the Author page. I'd love to meet you all and talk about both the series we love and the stories we write about them. Feel free to ask me anything. I love answering questions about my work and my opinions on different aspects of the series. I'm an open book, really.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:18 PM
1) Where did the insperation come from?
2) What made you chose Ron/Hermione to be the main characters?
Set made by the amazing &thenboom @ TDA!
Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:58 AM
1. The idea for "Roses in the Rain" was actually triggered by a challenge on another fan fiction site I frequently visit. The challenge was to write about happy situation gone wrong. (Seeing as pregnancy is regarded by most as a wonderful miracle, this fit the bill.) About a month before the challenge started, a close friend of mine unfortunately suffered a miscarriage, so the idea of troubled pregnancy was fresh on my mind. Somehow, the two got mixed together in my head, and this story was the result. The reason I wrote about stillbirth instead of miscarriage was because a) so many people think stillbirths are a thing of the past, which is most definitely not true, and b) the fact that one of my closest friends had just experienced a miscarriage made it really hard for me to write about. (Not that stillbirth is less heartbreaking; it just wasn't as close to home for me, if that makes any sense.)
2. I wanted the story to be canon-compliant, and Ron/Hermione is one of my favorite canon pairings. I've always had a desire to explore what happened in their relationship during the eight years between the final battle and the arrival of Rose. I've sometimes wondered why Harry and Ginny became parents before Ron and Hermione did, and while I hate to think of two of my favorite characters experiencing something as awful and heartbreaking as losing a child, I couldn't help but wonder if it may have actually happened. With that being said, having Ron and Hermione as the main characters for this just... fit. For me, at least.
Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:38 AM
1) Flowers In December is in my mind, one of the best stories I have read, what gave you the inspiration to write it?
2) Emma is such a wonderful breath of fresh air in a story where it really needs this type of character, were you inspired by someone in real life for her or how did she come about?
*Amazing set by: SwissMiss@tda*
Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:19 AM
So sorry for the ridiculously late reply. RL got in the way and caused me to fall off the face of the earth for a couple of months. But alas, I'm back, and hope to remain as such for quite a while.
Thank you so much for the lovely compliments! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the story. It's my favorite thing I've ever written, so I'm always flattered and humbled when someone likes it. As for your questions:
1. In a nutshell, my inspiration for this was the complete lack of young!Bill in HP fan fiction. A couple of months before the story was written and for reasons I still have yet to understand, I became irrationally obsessed with Bill Weasley. (And Charlie, too, but to a lesser extent.) So, naturally, I searched for Bill-related stories both on here and on other sites. I came up with next to nothing. Not many people tend to write Bill, and if they do, it's always post-Fleur Bill. Not that I have anything against them (Bill/Fleur is one of my favorite canon pairings, actually,) but it greatly upset me that the majority of the fandom didn't seem to recognize that Bill had to have had a life before Fleur. And that's pretty much where this fine mess got started. I wanted a give him a story that didn't rely on his relationship with Fleur. I wanted to know what he was like in his youth and how his school days shaped him into the Bill Weasley we know in the books.
2. Emma wasn't inspired by anyone in real life. (Or maybe she was on a subconscious level and I'm unaware of it, haha.) She was actually a random character I dreamt up one day while not paying attention in class and preparing for NaNoWriMo. Needless to say, she never made it into my NaNo piece, so she was just hanging out in my notebook for a while. Then my Bill-obsession started, and somehow, the two of them got together in my head. I'm not really sure how or why, but they simply fit.
Thanks so much for the questions!
Edited by ReillyJade, 17 January 2013 - 04:21 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users