Ooh, so many questions <3
OK, let's see. First off, I didn't know English was a second language, everything is so good, spelling and writing.
1) How long have you been writing?
2) What is your favourite house to write about?
3) What themes do you like writing about?
4) What are your pet peeves in fiction?
Aww, thanks (:
1. Hmm, quite long. Ten years? Not continuously though, there have been long breaks during that time. But I think I wrote my very first thing around ten years ago. It was an OF piece, I wrote my first fanfiction about five(?) years ago
2. Gryffindor. I guess it's the easiest, since I've always pictured I'd be a Gryffie so they are the easiest to relate.
3. Anything really, I don't have preferences. Some themes are easier to write than others, but if my plot is strong enough and I'm inspired, I could write about anything really.
4. About fanfiction generally? Nothing really. I just like to read, I don't mind what the pairing is or what the plot is about, if it's written brilliantly, I will propably love it. But there are few things that annoy me, like when I read a fic about the Marauders and Peter isn't even mentioned once after the beginning, that annoys me quite much. So I guess that's my biggest pet peeve about HP fanfiction.
Thanks for the questions (:
I am sitting here in awe at the revelation that English is not your first language. Your writing is so fluid and lovely. I don't have words for how impressed I am.
Anyway, on the the questions:
1) Which "dialect" of English did you study? American? British? Aussie? Other?
2) I really love the way that you write Gwenny's inner monologue. She always seems to have a thought that captures the feelings of the moment perfectly. How do you come up with them? Do you have conversations like this inside your own head?
3) What sorts of things do you read when you're not reading HP and HPFF? What are your favorite books outside the series?
4) Do you set aside a certain time each day/week to do your writing or is it more free-form?
Haha, thanks. I try, so it's nice to hear it's good d:
1. British mostly, spiced with American. I've had so many different teachers during the years and all of them have had different ways of teaching, so it's all a big blur sometimes. But I try to stick with British 'dialect'
2. Yeah, sort of. I ponder a lot about about my decisions and actions. Not in the same way as Gwen does but still there are similarities. It just sort of hit me when I was writing the first scenes for this story. I don't know where it originally came from, but I like it too.
3. Anything really. I haven't been reading a lot books during the last years, mainly fanfiction only as I found my passion for it again after a few years break. But when I do read, it's mostly fantasy, though I'm willing to try anything people recommend.
4. I usually spend my days planning the scenes and then I'll write them later in the evening once the kids are sleeping. The writing process itself is quite fast since I have it so clear in my head at that point.
Thank you so much for the questions, they were a lovely surprise (:
I always love to answer these, so ask me more d: