Before we get started, here are a few things about me:
- My name is Emily.
- I adore writing--it's my passion.
- I love to talk to people--if you have a question, feel more than free to ask it. There's no such thing as a stupid question.
- I respond to every review I receive, so if you leave a review for me, it will definitely get an answer.
- I've been writing on HPFF for over six years, so I frequently edit my old work to make it better.
Of my 23 current stories:
- 4 are novels
- 1 is a short story
- 3 are song-fics
- 15 are one-shots
- I'm Already There: This was my first novel, and my first love on HPFF. It's a Mature novel about Draco and Hermione as, you guessed it, Head Boy and Girl. Yes, it's cliché, I know. But it was the product of my first attempts at writing when I was thirteen years old. I haven't updated it lately, but it's not abandoned, I promise. And someday, I hope to continue it and improve it a lot.
- The Age Old Rivalry: This was my first attempt at a cooperation-piece. Written by myself and my older sister, it began as a fun project for us to write. It's a Mature novel about the feud between Gryffindors and Slytherins with a couple of original characters thrown in for added drama. I really hope that someday my sister will agree to write the next chapter, because if she doesn't...it might go into the "abandoned" pile, and I would hate that.
- Phoenix Tears: Truly one of the best ideas I've ever had, "Phoenix Tears" is the story of Draco turning to the trio for help when he realizes how deep he's in with Voldemort and wants out. It's ranked as a 15+ right now...and I haven't updated it in years, which makes me sad because I really did love the idea. We'll see where it goes, now that I'm back from hiatus.
- Rule Breaker: PAY ATTENTION HERE, DARLINGS. Here's my current love, the story that pulled me off my hiatus. "Rule Breaker" began as a challenge piece and has evolved into one of the best (I'd say my best novel) stories I've posted on HPFF. It's the story (15+) of Hermione as Head Girl and Theodore Nott as Head Boy and the challenges they face in a world where Voldemort is at large outside of the castle. It disregards Deathly Hallows, but I love it. Draco, of course, is there, and looking suspicious, especially when a murder occurs in Hogsmeade. Is he the culprit? Read it and find out!
- Permanence: This is something new for me. It was started as a challenge, and isn't yet complete (as of right now--February 20th), but it's a currently 12+ (may change to 15+) story about Lucius and Narcissa's relationship, from start to finish. It's a love story from the other side of the battle. Maybe you're interested in that...I'd love to know what you think.
- Who You'd Be Today: This is quite an old song-fic, the first I ever wrote. It's a 12+ story to Kenny Chesney's song "Who You'd Be Today" and centers around, of course, Draco and Hermione. Hermione was killed in the final battle against Voldemort, and Draco goes to her grave to remember their happy moments, even though she's gone.
- Do You Believe Me Now?: This is another 12+ fic, this one to the song "Do You Believe Me Now?" by Jimmy Wayne. It's about Draco and Hermione, post-Hogwarts. They're together and happy, but a few poorly-timed fights send Hermione running from Draco, straight into Ron's arms. This is the story of how he deals with all of that.
- Let it All Out: My most recent song-fic, to Relient K's "Let it All Out" is a 12+ story about Draco ranting to Hermione about people's expectations of him. They have to figure out where to go from there, after, surprisingly, Hermione understands him perfectly.
And now we hit the one-shots, all completed:
- 'Til Death Do We Part: This is one of my oldest stories on HPFF. It's a 12+ one-shot about Hermione's battle with a terminal illness. It's not the best thing I've ever written, by far, but it's a sweet story about Hermione saying her goodbyes to Draco and their daughter.
- Despite Our Differences: This is a fluffy 12+ one-shot that actually focuses around Pansy Parkinson. It was a challenge piece, I think. It's about Pansy meeting a new student named Christian and trying to sort out her feelings for him. There's drama and humor and snowball fights, and it's generally just a good time.
- Hear Me Out: Here's another challenge piece, this one 15+. It's actually about Pansy, as well. This time, Pansy and Blaise. It was in response to a "Seven Things I Hate About You" challenge, and it still makes me smile. If you're looking for something a bit different, this might fit the bill.
- Happy New Year, Hermione Granger: This is one of my favorite stories that I've written. It's a 12+ story about Luna's New Year's party where Hermione encounters an old...enemy? She and Draco talk while the clock ticks down to midnight, and the new year starts in a very unexpected way.
- Glorious: A completely fluffy 12+ story about Victoire and Teddy meeting up after a period of separation. Cutesy and lovey-dovey, if that's your style.
- Sirius Black: Matchmaker Extrodinaire: This is, yet another, 12+ story, this time about Sirius plotting to get Lily and James together. It's just a silly one-shot with a goofy teenage-Sirius who loves mischief and matchmaking.
- Savior: I truly cannot explain how much I adore this story. It's 12+ and the shortest story I've ever written...but I love it unconditionally. It's about Draco and Hermione meeting up during the final battle of Hogwarts. He saves her life and their opinions of each other change forever.
- Those Three Words: This is my first attempt at next-gen. It's a cutesy, 12+ story about Scorpius and Rose finally telling everyone that they've been together for over two and a half years.
- As the Rain Falls: Another of my absolute favorites, this 12+ story is about Hermione and Draco meeting at a park to talk before Draco goes on the run. Hermione knows he isn't a killer, but it breaks her heart to watch him walk away, even if it's his only choice.
- From Ashes We Rise: A 12+ story about Hermione and George after Fred's death. George is having a lot of trouble dealing with the loss of his twin, but with Hermione's help, that might change.
- All I Have Left: My first attempt at Founders-era. This is a 15+ story about Rowena Ravenclaw and how she came to own her diadem. It's the story of love, loss, and anguish as the young woman's life changes forever.
- In and Out of Love: Here's another 12+ story for you. This one is about Ron and Hermione falling out of love, and Hermione falling in love with someone completely different. Yeah, it's Draco, I know that you know. :]
- Requiem and Ressurection: Another 12+ one-shot. It's about George dealing with Fred's death alongside his best friend, Angelina Johnson. He encounters the Mirror of Erised, but will he look into it, with all his fears of what he'll see?
- Something Good: This is a 12+ one-shot that I've got posted at the moment. It's a challenge piece about de-cliche-ing the plot of a transfer student coming to Hogwarts. So, Olivia comes from Canada and tries to adjust at Hogwarts. It's fairly cutesy, if you'd like to check it out.
- Task One Challenge: A Nightmare: Finally, the last story! This is a 12+ one-shot written for the House Cup 2012 about Cho Chang facing her inner demons. This is the only time I've ever written for her, so let me know how I did!
At last! The end of this very, very long post! I hope you've read a couple of my stories, and I hope you check out and enjoy the ones you haven't read. Please, feel free to ask me anything you'd like. I'm open for all questions.
Thanks so much for your time! Take care!
Edited by nikkinike, 22 July 2012 - 09:05 AM.